First permanent settlement of the Eureka district was around 1881. Situated in the hills, midway between Byron Bay in the east and Lismore in the west, Eureka enjoys an idyllic sub-tropical climate.
Eureka Hall has been the community meeting place for over 100 years. The block on which it stands, was donated around 1903, and although there is no official record of when the Hall was actually built, reliable local knowledge places the building circa 1906.
In its early career, the Hall was to assume many varied functions. When the school burnt down in 1911, it served as the district local school. It has also served as a meeting place for various congregations while their Church was built or repaired.